uTorrent is an incredible software application that has made its reach in the global market. With millions of customers, this application enjoys worldwide popularity for its efficient performance. When it comes to downloading Torrents on the web, uTorrent is one of the most trusted solutions than its competitive rivals. Another reason which makes it so popular is that it works seamlessly on different platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, etc.
Usually this is a bug-free application, but often users come across uTorrent not responding issue. This issue generally occurs when the users are browsing the website to download a media or while downloading the media.
So, if you are also finding that the uTorrent becomes unresponsive, then check out this post till the end. Here you will get to know the causes for this issue and also the tricky solutions to deal with it.
Possible Causes that Led to uTorrent Not Responding Issue in Windows 10:
Before you move ahead by carrying out the instructions to solve this issue, you must know the reasons responsible for the occurrence of this issue. So, take a look below to know the reasons due to which uTorrent not responding issue appears and its results.
- Due to the functional overload on the program, you might find that the whole program fails to respond. If this happens, then you will not be able to click or use anything as you will see a hazy screen upfront.
- Also, due to overload on the program functionality or due to the load on its processing components, there occurs a constant crashing of the programs.
- Another reason can be installation of the corrupt system files, which is ultimately the result of virus attacks. It comes from the various files that you have downloaded on your system.
- This issue can be very likely if you are using outdated uTorrent software.
- If the internet traffic of uTorrent gets blocked by Windows Firewall, then also the uTorrent client misbehaves and causes issues.
- When the proxy servers conflict with the network related applications, it causes problems in uTorrent.
What to Do If uTorrent Not Responding Issue Takes Place?
Now, as you know the causes due to which the uTorrent becomes unresponsive, you should move on to the solutions and implement them to get rid of this issue. Here we have described the solutions on the basis of the circumstances that might take place. So, briefly go through them.
Situation 1: When uTorrent Download Fails to Work
If you find that the uTorrent not responding or it is not making any progress, then you can try out the following solutions.
- Delete that Torrent and Download it Once Again
Though it may sound rigorous, yet you have to instantly stop downloading that Torrent file which you find problematic to deal with. There is a high possibility that some technical glitches might be there that is preventing you from downloading that particular file. Due to this, you are noticing a pause in download. Thus, you have to delete that Torrent file and again download it. Doing this might overhaul the problem.
- Try to Associate With the Actual File
While downloading any file, it is possible that you have started downloading the file but failed to use the magnetic link. In this case, what you need to do is visit the Preference setting section of that particular file. There you have to look out for the Associate option and once you find that, click on it. Using this procedure, you can complete the downloading of that file which you were trying to.
Situation 2: If uTorrent Freezes All At a Sudden
This is undoubtedly one of the most frequently occurring issues faced by uTorrent application users. This problem generally comes up when the user tries to download different files and that too at the same time. Doing this often halts the application and it freezes. But the worst part of this issue is that once it appears, it might corrupt the files that you have put on downloading. Thus, you will not be able to use it any further, so you need to fix this issue immediately.
Go through the listed below steps to solve this issue:
- Before proceeding further, make sure to create all the necessary backup of the Torrent files that you have.
- Then press Windows logo key + R key to launch the Run dialog box.
- Now as the Windows Run dialog box opens, there you need to type “%appdata%uTorrent” command.
- After you do this, now press the Enter key.
- Once you completed doing this, now you have to choose the location where you want to keep this downloaded file.
- You can easily do so by entering the Settings section. There you have to choose the Preferences option.
Situation 3: If the uTorrent Application is Using a Lot of Resources
Sometimes, while running the uTorrent application, you might find out that it is using various processing resources. Often it happens that your current CPU fails to cope up with this and thus the uTorrent not responding problem arises.
This happens for a lot of reasons. So, here are the solutions that you must try out to get rid of this situation.
- In case, the problem is occurring because the firewall is blocking certain operations of uTorrent, then you can easily fix it by turning off the firewall for some time.
- Whereas, if there are other systems software that is the reason behind this problem, then you have to remove or uninstall it from your device. Only doing that will make your uTorrent work in the proper manner.
So, these are the overall solutions that will surely help you to get rid of this uTorrent not responding issue. In case, everything that has been discussed above fails, then it is recommended to switch to an alternative to uTorrent, that is, qBitorrent. It is another useful client for downloading Torrents.